Here's a recipe that can give the restaurant version a run for its money: Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Avocado Ranch Dip. The avocados compliment the sweet potatoes so well and together make one great tasting dish! This will surely satisfy your craving for fries!
Start off by peeling two medium sweet potatoes and cutting them into julienne fries.
Place them in a bowl, and toss with one teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, a quarter teaspoon of paprika, a quarter teaspoon of garlic powder, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste.
Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray. Spread out fries onto the baking sheet and bake at 400° F for 25-30 minutes.
While the fries are cooking, you can start making your Avocado Ranch Dip. In a blender, add one small ripe avocado, three teaspoons of ranch style dressing & dip mix, one and a half to one teaspoon of Sriracha hot sauce (depending on how spicy you want it), one tablespoon of light sour cream, and one tablespoon of light mayonnaise. Blend until smooth.
Once fries are done baking, remove from oven and set aside to cool for a few minutes. Serve with the Avocado Ranch Dip and enjoy!
Baked Sweet Potato Fried with Avocado Ranch Dip
Makes 2 servings
2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Sea Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
1 Small ripe avocado
3 tsp Ranch Style dressing & dip mix
1/2 to 1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce (depending on how spicy you want it to be)
1 tbsp Light sour cream
1 tbsp Light mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into julienne fries.
- Place in a bowl and toss with olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, sea salt, and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Spread out sweet potatoes onto baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- In a blender, add together avocado, ranch style dressing & dip mix, Sriracha, sour cream and mayonnaise. Blend until smooth.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and let cool. Serve with Avocado Ranch Dip.
Makes 2 servings. Each serving is approximately 265 calories.