Sunday 31 May 2015

Trail Mix Energy Bites

Summer is approaching and I'm getting more and more motivated to create new fresh vegan recipes. Last week, I received my first Munch Better snack box in the mail and with it came a variety of yummy treats that I've never tried before. Some of these products inspired me to create new recipes, this recipe in particular being one of my first. I used the Mike & Mike's Organics Goji Sport Mix to make these delicious energy bites! I'm so pleased with the turn out, they are the perfect bite-size pick me up!






Start by adding 12 pitted dates to a food processor. If they are dry, you may want to soak them in water for 30 minutes before processing. Make sure to remove the liquid before adding the dates to the food processor.  Process until you have an even paste. 

Next, add one cup of trail mix in the food processor. My trail mix was a blend of cashews, walnuts, goji berries, cranberries and pumpkin seeds. Process until the mixture is uniform. 

Remove the paste from the food processor and form into 10 small balls. 

Now, you can either leave as is or spice them up a bit. I rolled the balls in either chia seeds, hemp hearts or cocoa nibs. 


They are ready to eat! Store in the refrigerator for optimum freshness. 





Trail Mix Energy Bites
Makes 10 bites

Ingredients:

12 pitted dates
1 cup Mike & Mike's Organics Goji Sport Mix or trail mix of choice
1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
1 tbsp hemp hearts (optional)
1 tbsp cocoa nibs (optional)

Instructions:

  1. Add dates to a food processor and process until left with a uniform paste. If dates are dry, soak in water for 30 minutes prior to use. Remove liquid before processing. 
  2. Add trail mix to the food processor and processor until mixture is uniform. 
  3. Remove mixture from processor and form into 10 balls. 
  4. Roll balls into chia seeds, hemp hearts or cocoa nibs until evenly coated (optional). 


No comments:

Post a Comment